Monday, June 18, 2007

Documentary on Font

Looking to do something a little different, a friend Ashleigh and I ventured downtown on Friday. After a couple of great brews, an amazing bbq burger, and chili fries at Monk's Pub, we strolled over and caught a few minutes of Grant Park Orchestra and Chorus performing Mendelssohn's Elijah, Opus 70. I was surprised to see the entire Pritzker Pavilion PACKED (see prior crappy camera phone post) with people...families, groups of adults sipping wine, passer-bys. Great showing for so soon after the work day ended.

After strolling Millennium Park for a bit, we ventured on to the Gene Siskel Film Center where (thanks to Fuzzy Gerdes at Metroblogging Chicago) we had tickets to Helvetica. Though I'm not a graphic designer, typesetter, or artist, I found it really interesting. Chicagoist can give you a much better review, but I also recommend. Hurry, it only plays through June 21, 2007.

No comments: